The Loomis Chaffee Music Department will present a Winter Concert for Orchestra and Wind Ensemble on Sunday, December 11, in the Hubbard Performance Hall at 4 p.m.
Jazz recording artist, composer, teacher, and former Loomis Concert Band Director Kris Allen was back on the Island this week to work with music students and perform with his jazz band, The Kris Allen Quartet.
A $12 million bequest from the estate of Robert P. Hubbard '47 represents the largest single gift received by The Loomis Chaffee School in its history.
The girls soccer team won the Class A New England Championship with a 3-1 victory over Worcester Academy in the finals on Sunday afternoon.
Loomis Chaffee math students enjoy many opportunities to put their passion for numbers into action at tournaments, through online competitions, and at affinity events this year.
The volleyball and the boys & girls soccer teams have earned berths in their respective New England tournaments for their incredible records this season.
Charles Fidlar '57, a vocal musician, conductor, and teacher, returned to the Island to share his professional expertise with students in the Chamber Singers.
Suzy Thompson '72 and daughter Allegra Thompson '06 of Thompsonia brought their unique family blend of old-time, bluegrass, Americana, and folk music to Loomis Chaffee on November 7 and 8.
- SunDec11 Orchestra/Wind Ensemble Winter Concert 4:00 PM to 5:00 PMHubbard
- TueDec13 College Office Miniseries: Merit Scholarships 101 10:00 AM to 10:30 AMBrush 203
- TueDec13 Holiday Family Style 6:30 PMDining Halls
- TueDec13 Acappelicans Winter Concert 7:15 PM to 8:15 PMChapel
- ThuDec15 Winter Break Begins
- WedJan04 Classes Resume
- TueJan10 Guest Musician: Peter Dzialo (cello) and Tamila Azadaliyeve (piano) 9:55 AMHubbard
- SatJan14 Young Alumni Brunch 12:00 PM to 2:00 PMLoomis Dining Hall
- SatJan14 100 Years of Hockey Celebration and Alumni Game 2:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- SatDec10 Varsity Wrestling - Boys vs. LC Duals (Home) 1:00 PMSHIMKUS GYM
- SatDec10 JV Squash - Boys vs. Choate Rosemary Hall/ Tabor Academy (Away) 2:30 PMTabor Academy
- SatDec10 Varsity Squash - Boys vs. Choate Rosemary Hall/ Tabor Academy (Home) 2:30 PMKOHN SQUASH PAVILION
- SatDec10 JV Ice Hockey - Boys vs. Williston Northampton School (Home) 2:30 PMSAVAGE/JOHNSON RINK
- SatDec10 JV Basketball - Boys vs. Avon Old Farms School (Away) 2:30 PMAvon Old Farms School
- SatDec10 III Basketball - Boys vs. Deerfield Tournament (Away) 3:00 PMDeerfield Academy
- SatDec10 JV Squash - Girls vs. Deerfield Academy (Home) 3:45 PMKOHN SQUASH PAVILION
- SatDec10 Varsity Swimming/Diving - Boys vs. Phillips Academy (Andover) (Away) 4:00 PMPhillips Academy (Andover)
- SatDec10 Varsity Swimming/Diving - Girls vs. Phillips Academy (Andover) (Away) 4:00 PMPhillips Academy (Andover)
- SatDec10 Varsity Basketball - Boys vs. Avon Old Farms School (Away) 4:00 PMAvon Old Farms School