Planning for 2020-21
Plan for Spring Term 2 (April 16–May 20)
The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff will continue to guide the school's planning. If conditions dictate that the school change its plans for the coming term, students, parents, faculty, and staff will be notified by email.
FAQs: Spring Term 2
1. Will the school hold in-person classes during Spring Term 2?
Yes. All students — boarding and day — are welcome to campus for in-person classes during Spring Term 2.
2. Will the school offer online classes during Spring Term 2?
Yes. Students who cannot return to school due to travel restrictions and/or health concerns may choose to continue their studies online.
4. What are the dates for Spring Term 2?
Spring Term 2 will begin on Friday, April 16, and will end on Thursday, May 20. Please refer to the updated calendar for the dates of Spring Term 1 and 2.
5. Will there be COVID-19 testing and/or other requirements for students prior to arrival on campus for Spring Term 2?
Students who were online for Spring Term 1 and plan to study in person for Spring Term 2 must present a negative PCR test before returning to campus. Details about pre-arrival testing were emailed to those parents and students on April 5. Read more.
Additionally, students coming to campus for Spring Term 2 after studying online in Spring Term 1 must commit to best practices pertaining to COVID-19 prevention starting on April 2 (boarding students) or April 2 (day students). This means remaining at home unless absolutely necessary (such as a visit to a medical professional); monitoring their health via the REACH app and letting the Health Center know if they have any symptoms consistent with COVID-19; wearing a mask around those outside the family unit if that interaction is unavoidable; not participating in group gatherings, including sport practices or games; washing hands regularly; and practicing social distancing.
6. What will on-campus safety protocols look like in Spring Term 2?
All students, faculty, and staff will follow safety protocols similar to those that were in place during Spring Term 1. These include wearing masks, social distancing, and frequent hand washing. More details are available in the Spring Term 1 and 2 agreement students and parents signed prior to the start of the term.
7. Will boarding students be allowed to leave campus during Spring Term 2?
As in Spring Term 1, boarding students will not be allowed to leave campus during Spring Term 2. The school will reassess these protocols as the term progresses and make any modifications as conditions allow.
8. How will I know if there have been any changes to my class schedule?
Any changes to a student's Spring Term 2 schedule were made before the end of Spring Term 1. Teachers will contact students before classes start regarding synchronous and asynchronous schedules.
(updated April 15, 2021)
- UPDATED 3/9/2021: Are there after-school activities?
- UPDATED 3/9/2021: Will there be an interscholastic athletics program in the spring? Can parents or other family members come to the games?
- UPDATED: 3/9/2021: Are there athletics programs for students who are not involved in interscholastics sports?
- What is the school's policy in Spring Terms 1 and 2 regarding student participation in off-campus programs including club sports?
- Are students required to wear masks on campus?
- Do students need to provide their own masks?
- Are there additional health & safety protocols students are expected to follow?
- Is there a required daily health check?
- How will the school enforce its health & safety requirements?
- When is the Health Center open?
- What measures has the school taken to make the on-campus experience safe?
- Are students required to have a flu shot?
- Where can students hang out during the day between and after classes?
- I would like to talk with other families in my area about their plans. How can I reach them?
- Does the school recommend that families carpool or use van services for transportation to and from campus?
- What are the campus hours for in-person learners?
- Are day and commuting students allowed to eat breakfast in the dining halls?
- What does the online learning experience look like?
- How can online students connect with teachers for extra help?
- Do online students have access to the resources in the Learning Access & Student Achievement Office (formally known as the Learning Resource Center)?
- Do online students have access to the Quantitative Resource Center (QRC), Writing Studio, and other support programs?
- How will online students connect with each other and students learning on campus?
- Will Loomis offer online classes in Spring Term 2?
- For boarders who will be online during Fall Term I, will the school credit their room and board fee for the term?
- Tuition 2020-21
- When is the first tuition payment due?
- How do I change my payment plan with FACTS to reflect the new tuition?
- How do I change my loan amount at Your Tuition Solutions?
- My boarding student will only live on campus for a few terms this coming year. Do I pay the full-year room & board fee?
- Does the school have a refund policy if my child is not able to reside on campus for any portion of the school year?
- My boarding student will be a distant learner all year. Do I have to pay the room & board fee?
- Will there be a partial refund of tuition if the school is required to close campus and move all classes online?