Work, Teach, and Live with Purpose
Ask our talented and dedicated faculty and staff members why they choose to work at Loomis Chaffee and they will tell you: it’s all about the students. We work here because we value the sense of purpose that we share with our colleagues, because we support and inspire each other, and because we know there is nothing more important than educating and supporting the young people and their families who choose our school to pursue their secondary education.
That feeling of shared enterprise is palpable on our beautiful, 300-acre campus, which sits at the confluence of the Connecticut and Farmington rivers. Our hometown of Windsor, Connecticut, and its surrounding towns provide quick access to shopping, outdoor recreation, and dining and entertainment options. Our convenient location is approximately two hours’ drive from New York City and from Boston and is easily accessible by car, train, or air.
Loomis Chaffee offers a competitive benefits package. Benefit eligibility is dependent upon a variety of factors, including employee classification, and contribution and participation requirements. There are numerous benefits to working at Loomis Chaffee. The following provides a general overview of our comprehensive offerings:
- Health and dental insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts, with employer contribution
- Life insurance
- Retirement (403b), with employer contribution
- Short and long-term disability
- Family and medical leave
- Employee Assistance Program to support overall well-being
- Paid sick and vacation days
- Paid holidays
- Meals (during work hours/during the school year)
- Access to school’s fitness center and athletics facilities
- Professional development opportunities
- Sabbatical and travel opportunities for faculty
- Tuition reimbursement
- Tuition remission for children*
*Full-time employees only
The Loomis Chaffee School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to, but is not limited to, educational policies, admission, financial aid, hiring and employment practices, use of school facilities, athletics, and other school-administered programs.