Welcome to the College Guidance Office at Loomis. The following pages will provide you with an overview of our program and the colleges most frequently attended by our graduates, as well as introduce you to our college counseling team.
At the heart of our mission is helping students find appropriate matches in higher education for their strengths, interests, and future goals. To do this, our five professional counselors draw upon their admissions background in higher education at a wide range of institutions as well as the professional relationships we maintain. These resources greatly inform our work with Loomis students, from our introduction in the spring through the Norton Center’s Freshman Seminar program to the hours of individual counseling spent with each junior and senior.
Our current four-year curriculum of college guidance includes but is not limited to:
- Counsel on the appropriate timeline for standardized testing and advice on course selection beginning in the sophomore year;
- An introduction to college research, including an annual college fair that brings over 120 college admissions officers to our campus each fall;
- Presentations from college admissions professionals that address current trends;
- Assistance with organizing and managing the various elements of the application process;
- Workshops on essay writing (in conjunction with the Loomis English Department);
- Guidance on application strategy and the review of applications;
- Specialized programs on topics such as pursuing college athletics, the arts application process, and financial aid
We pride ourselves on our dynamic and welcoming approach to students and parents, our expertise garnered over decades of work in the fields of college admission and guidance, and the advocacy we provide. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.
Director of College Guidance