Calling all actors, dancers, musicians, and theater technicians: it’s time to take your creativity to the next level.
The Performing Arts Department aims to guide students in lifelong learning, expression, and creation. Students in the classroom, on the stage, and in the studio take an active role in creating music, theater and dance productions, and work toward mastery of performance, arts literacy, and technique in the performing arts.
- Curriculum materials, performance works, ensemble and lesson repertoire, and productions are chosen from a vast array of genres and time periods; global relevancy and diversity, equity, and inclusion are primary focal points.
- Students enrolled in Performing Arts Department classes participate in and attend concerts, festivals, performances, and workshops both on and off campus with professional performers, directors, conductors, and technicians; the Guest Musician Series and Visiting Artists/Teachers are highlights of the program.
- The Performing Arts Department encourages students to participate in department-sponsored events such as Recital Samplers, the IDEA playwriting festival, Dance Showcase and Dance Revue, and the Spring Student Recital Series.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I take private music lessons?
- Can I participate in music festivals?
- I want to study performing arts in college. How will Loomis prepare me?
- Is there an arts requirement?
- Do performing arts activities satisfy athletics requirements?
Can I take private music lessons?
Can I participate in music festivals?
I want to study performing arts in college. How will Loomis prepare me?
Is there an arts requirement?
Do performing arts activities satisfy athletics requirements?
Meet the Department
Performing Arts Department Head; Choral/Vocal Director
Performing Arts Faculty - Music; Jazz Ensemble Director
Performing Arts Faculty - Music; Orchestra Director
Mathematics Faculty; Perfoming Arts Faculty - Music
Performing Arts Faculty - Theater/Dance; Dance Director
Performing Arts Faculty - Theater/Dance; Theater Director
Performing Arts Faculty - Music, Guitar Ensemble Director
Performing Arts Faculty - Music; Wind Ensemble Director