Get inspired and get creative in the Richmond Art Center’s light-filled studios.
The Visual Arts Department provides artists at all skill levels with broad experience across a range of media — from beginning artists to those seeking to pursue studio arts at the next level. Our visual arts faculty, who are accomplished working artists themselves, focus on the fundamentals of technique and design, while allowing you to explore and express your artistic vision as you perfect your technique in ceramics, painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, printmaking, and digital media, using state-of-the-art materials and equipment in professional-quality studios.
- The studios in the Richmond Art Center are specifically designed for each medium and include a glass studio. These specialized spaces allow students to explore each medium more deeply.
- The faculty is made up of working artists, who provide a professional point of view to their teaching.
- Our Visiting Artist Program allows students to be inspired by, observe, interact with, and learn from working artists who spend a week on campus, creating work from start to finish in various media.
- The Richmond Art Center is home to the Sue and Eugene Mercy Jr. Gallery, which regularly exhibits the work of and holds gallery openings for well-known and accomplished artists from around the world.
- The Richmond Art Center welcomes students with all levels of experience into its studios.
- Student work — whether produced independently by students or in one of our courses — is exhibited in the galleries within the Richmond Art Center throughout the school year.