The Loomis Athletics Department hosted the annual Fall Varsity Awards ceremony on Sunday night, December 2. Friends and families, as well as the fall varsity teams and their coaches, gathered in the Hubbard Performance Hall to honor the teams and their players on a great season.
2018 Class A New England Semifinalists
2018 Founders League Champions
2017 Class A New England Champions
2017 Founders League Champions
2014 Founders League Champions
2014 Western New England Champions
2014 New England Tournament Quarterfinalists
The boys soccer program values great team chemistry, a high level of commitment, and personal discipline. These are key ingredients for all of our players. Many of our student athletes go on to study and play soccer at top colleges and universities. Dignity and respect are core values, and sportsmanship and fair play take precedence over winning games. Winning is a by-product of proper conduct and preparation. A serious commitment to diversity is also a keystone of the Loomis boys soccer program.
Pelicans Playing At The Next Level
- Dilan Casanovas ´12, Lehigh
- Jesse Wasserman ´12, UCONN
- Theo Atkinson ´12, Occidental
- Aaron Chen ´12, U Penn
- Dale Reese ´13, Grove City College
- Nick Sailor ´13, Providence
- Eric Venezia ´13, UVM
- David Olio ´13, Union
- Garrett Esper ´14, Colgate
- Brooks Clark ´14, Conn College
- Matt Gomes ´14, Union
- Alex McLean ´15, Nazareth
- Kyle Douglas ´15, Colby
- Prosper Figbe ´15, U South Florida
- Drin Pacuku ´15, St. Lawrence
- Morgan Dewdney ´15, Bates
- Richard Ochefije ´15, Harcum College
- Camden McCusker ´15, UNH
- Alex Steel ´15, Trinity College
- Teddy Lyons ´15, Wesleyan
- Tyler Mulberry ´15, Colby
- Beaufils Kimplo-Pene '16, Bates College
- Dan Taglianetti '17, Coast Guard Academy
- Salim Sidique '17, Southern New Hampshire University
- Tomas Munoz-Reyes '18, Kenyon College
- Jack Rosenburg '18, Springfield College
- Alex Clarke '18, Bucknell University
On Saturday, November 17, three Loomis Chaffee varsity teams will play in New England tournament semifinal action. The boys soccer team, girls soccer team, and girls volleyball team will all be competing for a chance to play in Class A New England Prep School Athletic Conference championships on Sunday, November 18.
The boys soccer team won its second consecutive Founders League title and its first regular-season Class A Western New England Championship since 2014 with a 7-0 win over Kent on Saturday, November 10.
It is fall tournament season on the Island! Three Loomis Chaffee teams — boys cross country, girls cross country, and boys water polo — competed in New England championships on Saturday, November 10, and three other squads — boys soccer, girls soccer, and girls volleyball — will play in New England tournament quarterfinal games at home on Wednesday, November 14.
The Loomis boys soccer team defeated Avon Old Farms 2-1 on Wednesday, October 31, on Helfrich Field, keeping the Pelicans' home unbeaten streak alive.