LCSP 2020 Summer Proctor Application
Boarding students in the CGL program are welcome to apply to become Summer Proctors. This additional leadership opportunity is only available to a finite number of participants.
To apply, please submit this Summer Proctor Application Form by March 1, 2020.
Summer Proctor Expectations:
- Model behavior befitting the LCSP's commitment to Best Self and Common Good.
- Mentor the students in your dorm with the goal of easing their transition to the LCSP and encouraging ongoing active participation.
- Meet regularly with the dorm head and faculty to discuss dorm activities and residents.
- Assist dorm faculty by:
- overseeing work jobs to ensure proper completion.
- monitoring evening study hall a few times per week.
- emcee one or two Morning Meetings throughout the 5-week program.
Why do you want to be a Summer Proctor? What is your greatest strength as it relates to the position?
While reflecting on your initial experiences as a first-year student in the LCSP or at Loomis for academic year students, share ways that an effective peer mentor can ease the transition for new students and aid their progression.
At the end of the LCSP, what do you hope the faculty and students in your dorm community will say about your leadership as a Summer Proctor?