Physician, author, and New York Times contributor Dr. Pauline W. Chen ’82 will deliver the 2021 Commencement address at Loomis Chaffee on May 22.
Congratulations to the members of the Class of 2021 and their families!
Loomis Chaffee is excited to celebrate our graduates at the school’s 105th Commencement. To ensure the safety of all, a limited number off-campus guests will be permitted to attend the May 22 ceremony when graduates will receive their diplomas. All other events may be attended by seniors and faculty only. Families will receive comprehensive information about guidelines, protocols and guest attendance/registration directly.
Commencement Information and Details
Sent April 29, 2021
Schedule of Events
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Prom at Loomis Chaffee, Grubbs Quadrangle
- 6–7 p.m. Prom photo session. Links to photo galleries will be shared with parents.
- 7–11 p.m. Reception with dinner stations, DJ, and dancing
- 11 p.m. Late night breakfast. 12:15 a.m. check-in/pick up. Day students must be picked up by parents.
Friday, May 21, 2021
- 12 p.m. Senior Luncheon, Grubbs Quadrangle
- 1–2:15 p.m. Commencement Rehearsal, Founders Circle
- 7 p.m. Senior Night: Dinner and Program, Grubbs Quadrangle, Olcott Center. The program will be recorded.
Saturday, May 22, 2021
- 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Commencement Ceremony, lawns of the Loomis Homestead and the Head's House, in the area directly in front of Founders Hall.
Family picnic boxes will be available to guests at the conclusion of the ceremony.
The ceremony will be livestreamed.
Rain location for Commencement is under the tent in the Grubbs Quadrangle.
To commemorate the occasion of your senior’s graduation from Loomis Chaffee, please find a printable PDF of the 2021 Commencement announcement here.
We ask that parents refrain from bringing celebratory cigars, champagne, or other alcoholic beverages. Please note that Loomis Chaffee is a smoke-free campus.
News and Announcements
We look forward to seeing you here on the Island. If you have any questions, please contact:
Lisa Salinetti Ross
Director of Alumni & Parent Relations