Paul Mounds Jr. ’03, chief of staff to Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont, will deliver the 2022 Commencement address on Sunday, May 29.
Congratulations to the members of the Class of 2022 and their families! Loomis Chaffee is excited to celebrate our graduates at the school’s 106th Commencement.
Families will receive comprehensive information about events, guidelines and safety protocols directly.
Schedule of Events
Guests are required to wear masks for all indoor events.
Thursday, May 26
Final day of classes for seniors
Prom at Loomis Chaffee, Grubbs Quadrangle
- 6–7 p.m. — Photo session
- 7–11 p.m. — Prom with dinner stations, DJ, and dancing
- 11 p.m–12a.m. — Late night breakfast for prom goers
- 12:15 a.m. — Check-in and day student pick-up
Reception for Parents, Head's House garden
7–8 p.m. — Reception sponsored by the LC Parents Association
Friday, May 27
- 10:30 a.m. — Commencement seating meeting for seniors, Olcott Center
- 11:30 a.m. — Springfest
- Afternoon — "Up" Time for Seniors (Pack Up, Clean Up, Upcycle)
- 8:30–10:30 p.m. — Senior Trip to Spare Time
Saturday, May 28
- 12 p.m. — Senior luncheon, Grubbs Quadrangle
- 1 p.m. — Commencement rehearsal, in front of Founders Hall
- 4:30 p.m. — PRISM Reception, Rogan Atrium, Clark Center for Science & Mathematics
- 7:30 p.m. — Dessert reception for seniors and families, Grubbs Quadrangle
- 8:30 p.m. — Class Night program for seniors and families, Olcott Center
- 10 p.m–12 a.m. — Senior Silent Disco, Turf or Meadows
Sunday, May 29
- 10 a.m. — Ceremony, lawns between Head’s House and Homestead, in the area directly in front of Founders Hall
- 11:30 a.m. — Luncheon, Grubbs Quadrangle
The ceremony will be livestreamed. Rain location for Commencement is under the tent in the Grubbs Quadrangle.
Printed Commencement announcements will be distributed to seniors prior to March break. Each senior will receive five announcements, which may be used to invite or announce the graduation to family and friends. An announcement will also be mailed directly to senior parents as well.
Tickets are not required for Commencement and there is no limit on the number of guests per graduate.
To commemorate the occasion of your senior’s graduation from Loomis Chaffee, please find a printable PDF of the 2022 Commencement announcement here.
We ask that parents refrain from bringing celebratory cigars, champagne, or other alcoholic beverages. Please note that Loomis Chaffee is a smoke-free campus.
We look forward to seeing you here on the Island. If you have any questions, please contact:
Lisa Salinetti Ross
Director of Alumni & Parent Relations