The faculty and staff of the Katharine Brush Library love to read and encourage community members to explore the library’s extensive collection of fiction, graphic novels, and nonfiction books.
The newest additions to the library’s book collection are always on display in the New Book section on the first floor and include:
- Literary Fiction
- Young Adult Fiction
- Graphic Novels
Throughout the year, the library displays a wide variety of book collections. Recent displays have celebrated Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, LGBTQ Pride Month, Earth Week, Women’s History Month, and Black History Month, just to name a few. The library also has a permanent display of Loomis Chaffee alumni authors.
In addition to books, the library has magazines and movies for all ages — including our youngest faculty children.
And when the community needs a break from its daily routine, especially during exams, the library invites students to stop by for a few minutes and play with Legos, work on a puzzle, and color.
- Alvord Center for Global & Environmental Studies
- College Guidance Office
- Center for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- English — Freshmen
- English — Sophomores
- English — Juniors
- English — Seniors & PGs
- Head of School
- History, Philosophy, and Religious Studies Department
- International Student Ambassadors
- Katharine Brush Library
- Mathematics Department
- Modern and Classical Languages Department
- Norton Family Center for the Common Good
- Pearse Hub for Innovation
- Performing Arts Department
- Science Department
- Social Science Department
- Student Book Club
- Visual Arts Department
Give a Book Program
Each fall, the Loomis Chaffee Parents Association assists the Katharine Brush Library in sponsoring the Give a Book to the Library Program during Family Weekend.
This program has a two-fold purpose:
- To provide an opportunity to present a visible gift in honor of a student, friend, alumnus, or faculty member which will be put to immediate use by the Loomis Chaffee community
- To enable the library to expand the resources available to students, faculty, and staff
Contact Eric Styles, Library Director, to make a donation to the library collection.