Loomis Chaffee's Class of 2019 received diplomas at the 103rd Commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 26. Celebrated television director James L. Widdoes '72 delivered the Commencement address.
Printable Schedule of Events for Thursday, May 24, through Sunday, May 27.
- Prom — Thursday, May 24, The Society Room, Hartford, CT
- 6:15–7 p.m. Prom photo session (parents invited) for Prom attendees, Grubbs Quadrangle
- 7:15 p.m. Prom buses depart for The Society Room (Prom begins at 7:30 p.m.)
- 7:15 p.m. Reception for parents sponsored by the LC Parents Association, Head of School’s House
- Senior Class Trip — Friday, May 25
- Senior Lunch — Saturday, May 26, 12 noon—1 p.m.
- Commencement Rehearsal — Saturday, May 26, 1—2:15 p.m.
Saturday, May 26, Olcott Center (parents invited)
7:30 p.m. Dessert Reception
8:30 p.m. Class Night Celebration
Commencement is scheduled for 10 a.m. on Sunday, May 27, and will be held on the lawns of Loomis Homestead and the Head's House, in the area directly in front of Founders Hall. The ceremony will last approximately two hours and will be followed by a buffet luncheon. Additional information about Commencement was sent to parents in mid-April.
Tickets are not required for Commencement and there is no limit on the number of guests per graduate.
Rain location for Commencement is under the tent in the Grubbs Quadrangle. In the case of inclement weather, covered seating during the ceremony is limited. Under these circumstances, guests are encouraged to provide preferred seating to parents and grandparents of graduates and others to bring appropriate rain gear.
Commencement announcements were distributed to seniors before March break. Each student received five announcements, which may be used to invite or announce the graduation to family and friends.
An announcement has been mailed to each senior parent as well.
We ask that parents refrain from bringing celebratory cigars, champagne, or other alcoholic beverages. Please note that Loomis Chaffee is a smoke-free campus.
We look forward to seeing you here on the Island. If you have any questions, please contact Director of Alumni & Parent Relations Lisa Salinetti Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.687.6277