Day Student Experience
As day students at a boarding school, you are about to have a great adventure.
At Loomis Chaffee, you get all the benefits of a diverse and welcoming 24/7 community of students and faculty from around the world all while retaining an everyday connection to your families and local communities.
The Day Student Experience at Loomis Chaffee
Dean of Enrollment Amy Thompson speaks with seniors Reid and Mariapaula and junior Nandini about their experiences and all they are involved in at Loomis Chaffee and why they chose to be day students at a boarding school. Recorded in Fall 2021.
- What is the day student experience like at Loomis?
- How will I meet people?
- What does the typical day at Loomis look like?
- As a day student, when can I be on campus?
- Can I eat meals other than lunch on campus?
- Are day students allowed in the dorms?
- What does it mean to be an honorary resident of the dorm?
- Can day students participate in weekend activities?
- Where can I store my books and other belongings when I am on campus?
- Where can I hang out during the day?
- Does Loomis provide transportation for day students?