Day Student Life
As day students at a boarding school, you are about to have a great adventure. At Loomis, you get all the benefits of a diverse and welcoming 24/7 community of students and faculty from around the world all while retaining an everyday connection to your families and local communities.
Check out a day in the life of both Makayla and Chase, two informative podcasts — one with parents of current day students and the other with Dean of Student Life Mary Liscinsky, and answers to frequently asked questions.
— Quick Stats —
Genuine Admissions Podcast
Listen in to a few episodes of our Genuine Admissions podcast as Loomis Chaffee's Dean of Enrollment, Amy Thompson, provides some insight, guidance, and a healthy dose of perspective as families navigate the next step on their educational journey.
Conversation with Parents of Current Day Students
Interested in learning more about navigating life as the parent of a day student at Loomis? Listen in to this conversation between Amy Thompson and three current day parents, taped in February 2020 here on the Island.
Dean of Students Mary Liscinsky on Student Life
Dean of Students Mary Liscinsky talks with Amy Thompson about student life on the Island and the changes she has witnessed during her decades of working in student life on the collegiate and secondary level.
- What is the day student experience like at Loomis?
- How will I meet people?
- What does the typical day at Loomis look like?
- As a day student, when can I be on campus?
- Can I eat meals other than lunch on campus?
- Are day students allowed in the dorms?
- Can day students participate in weekend activities?
- Where can I store my books and other belongings when I am on campus?
- Where can I hang out during the day?
- How will my child be supported at the school?
- How can parents of day students be involved with the school?
- Does Loomis provide transportation for day students?