Living on Campus
There’s nothing like boarding school — the independence and the 24/7 experience of living with friends from all around the world.
Boarding at a Glance
In-dorm faculty families
faculty dorm affiliates
The red brick dorms at Loomis Chaffee are situated around three residential tree-lined quads and courtyards. Each dorm is home to between 30 and 50 students. The majority of dorm rooms are configured as doubles or singles. Dorms have common kitchens and social rooms as well as easy access to laundry facilities.
In addition to campus-wide student activities, each dorm has its own events and traditions, including Kravis Olympics, Batch Jeopardy nights, Flagg Film Festival, Carter Café, and Palmer mid-term dance parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is life like in the dorms?
- What are my dining options on campus?
- What is there to do on the weekends?
- How are dorm and roommate assignments made?
- When will I find out about my housing and my roommate?
- I am interested in all-gender housing. Does Loomis have that option available?
- Will I be able to contact my roommate before school starts?
- What furniture is provided in each dorm room?
- What do I need to bring to school?
- Will I get homesick?
- How will my child be supported at Loomis?
- When and how often can I visit my child?
- How can parents of boarding students get involved with the school?